The principal objectives of the MFC
- To promote good relationship and co-operations among members inclusive all the associations and to improve the reputation and image of the furniture industry in the country
- To promote better understanding and good relationship between the Association and other guilds and societies and government authorities
- To promote the Malaysia Furniture industry to the international arena, in order to strengthen the national economy and to earn more foreign exchange
- To represent the furniture industry in whatever discussion or negotiation with the Government about issues pertaining to the growth and development of the industry, including matters concerning import and export
- To organize exhibitions, talks, seminars and business tours aimed at raising the standard of Malaysian Furniture
- To help in organizing training courses related to the wood-based industry as well as to assist in setting up training schools and technical colleges
- To promote all aspects of furniture-related activities which are in line with the interest of the Association and the National
Role of the MFC
As a national trade body, the MFC believes in playing a proactive role that will benefit members and the overall development of the industry. In line with the rapid growth of the Malaysian furniture industry, the MFC has successfully recommended and implemented suitable policies towards encouraging the industry to newer heights.
Through its representation in all the relevant authorities the MFC spearheads the industry at the Federal and State Government levels.
Activities of the MFC
In constantly keeping abreast with the latest global developments affecting the furniture industry, the MFC takes initiative to organize promotional and marketing activities in its efforts to enhance the reputation of Malaysian furniture in the world markets.
To help the Malaysian furniture industry gain a competitive advantage in the international arena, MFC encourages its members to always keep abreast if the latest developments by conducting regular technical seminars and training for its members to encourage forward planning and dynamism.
By organizing Export Furniture Exhibition Malaysia (EFE) annually, we hope that this will help Malaysian Furniture Manufacturers to explore to the world market and this is in line with Malaysia's vision to be one of the leading trade nations in the world.
Affiliations of the MFC
To date, and in line with its national and international status, MFC is affiliated with various bodies related to the furniture industry. Within Malaysia, MFC is a Board member of:
- the Malaysian Furniture Promotion Council (MFPC)
- the Malaysian Timber Industry Board (MITB)
- the Malaysian Timber Council (MTC)
besides being a Member of:
- the Malaysian Timber Association (MTA)
- the Malaysian Timber Industry Forum Association (TIF)
At international level, MFC is a Chairman of the ASEAN Furniture Industries Council (AFIC) for 2015/2016 and charter member of the Council of Asia Furniture Association (CAFA).