Date: 15 January 2016
1. All MFC Members
2. 13 State associations, PEKA secretariat
Below important announcements from MTIB:
1. New Import Regulation Under Timber Legality Assurance system (TLAS)
Please be informed that with effect from 1 January 2016, applications for import licenses of round logs, large square and scanting (LSS) and polywood, shall obtain legality feom producing countries. This regulation is to fulfll the requirements of Timber Legality assurance system(TLAS).
There are six (6) documents adopted as legaliyu evidence, namely:
(1) The FLEGT License under Forest Law Enforcement, Governance and Trade;
(2) CITES Permit from member countries of Convention of International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Flora and Fauna;
(3) Timber Certification such as PEFC,MTCS;
(4) Certificationof Voluntary Legality Scheme;
(5) Legality Document issued by any agency / relating association recognised by Producing Countries; and
(6) Customs Declaration Form from Producing Countries
All importers of round logs, large square and scantling (LSS) and polywood, are required to take measure, all importers of other timber products are also advised to obtain legality evidence from respective producing countries , particularly for products which will undergo futher processing, and to be re-exported to the European Union Countries.
Kindly contact MTIB @ 03-9282 2235 for your inquiry.
Click HERE to download New Import Regulation in PDF format.
2. MITB International Timber Product Importers Directory
Enclosed the International Timber Product Importers Directory from Malaysian Timber Industry Board (MTIB) for your reference.
This directory providesuseful information / leads on timber importers and their contact details for the beneficiary of Malaysian timber exporters to network and extend their business / market globally.
Click HERE to download International Timber Product Importers Directory in PDF format.